Keep calm and carry on!
Prince William and Kate Middleton were all smiles Thursday meeting an adorable young boy dressed as a King’s Guard — a day after the couple were taunted with “USA, USA” chants and boos as they sat courtside at a Celtics game.
Eight-year-old Henry Dynov-Teixeira wore a replica of the iconic King’s Guard uniform, complete with a faux bearskin hat and red jacket, as he greeted the royal couple in Somerville, Massachusetts.
The young boy also gifted the Prince and Princess of Wales, both 40, with a bouquet of red roses, photos show.
“First of all it was crazy meeting the prince and princess,” little Henry told reporters outside Greentown Labs after the exciting encounter, Boston.com reported.
“And second of all, they told me that I had really, really nice flowers. And they said, ‘Oh my gosh, thank you very much,’ when I gave it to them.”
On their Twitter account, Prince William and Princess Kate thanked Henry and everyone else who came out to greet them during their stay in Somerville.
The cute moment came less than 24 hours after the couple were mocked with raucous chants of “USA, USA” as they sat courtside at a Celtics game and on the second day of their busy Boston trip.
In several videos that quickly spread across social media Wednesday night, a chorus of loud “boos” can are heard amid a smattering of cheers as the pair was broadcast over the Jumbotron.
But William and Kate’s trip was already marred by another scandal before they even landed.
Shortly before they touched down on American soil, news broke that William’s godmother Lady Susan Hussey had resigned from her honorary position in King Charles’ household after making “unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments” to a black domestic abuse campaigner during a Buckingham Palace event.
The offense took place at a Palace reception on Tuesday, where Hussey, 83, repeatedly asked the non-profit founder Ngozi Fulani, 61, where she came from.
Although Prince William avoided commenting on the scandal directly, a spokesperson from Kensington Palace addressed the news at a briefing on Wednesday.
“I was really disappointed to hear about the guest’s experience at Buckingham Palace last night,” the spokesperson said.
“Obviously, I wasn’t there, but racism has no place in our society. The comments were unacceptable, and it is right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect.”
Fallout from the allegations cast a long shadow over what was supposed to be a successful trip — and were only made worse by the release of the trailer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming Netflix documentary on Thursday.
One palace insider told Page Six they believe the Sussexes are trying to “disrupt and clash” with William and Kate’s American visit.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shocked the world in January 2020 when they sensationally left the royal life and moved to California.
Since leaving they’ve been scathing and outspoken about the royal family, including alleging in a bombshell Oprah sit-down that the royal family was racist.
The couple claimed an unnamed “senior royal” raised “concerns” about how dark their then-unborn son Archie’s skin might be.
The explosive series is set to be released on Dec. 8, and was once called “Chapters,” as Page Six exclusively reported.
Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix earlier this year to produce content for the streamer.