Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey is scheduled to appear in London criminal court Thursday where it’s anticipated he’ll enter a plea connected to sex offenses leveled against him that date back almost 20 years.
The most serious accusation against the scandal-plagued “House of Cards” star is a charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent when he allegedly forced a man to have oral sex.
Spacey also faces four counts of sexual assault by touching.
In his first court appearance last month, his lawyer said Spacey “strenuously denied all allegations.
Spacey, who was granted unconditional bail, could face life in prison if found guilty of the most serious offense. If convicted of sexual assault he could be slapped with a six-month prison sentence or an unlimited fine.
The alleged assaults occurred between March 2005 and April 2013 — with four occurring in the British capital and one in Gloucestershire in the west of England, police said. The alleged victims include one man who is now in his 40s and two men now in their 30s.
Spacey, once a Hollywood powerhouse, has been mostly removed from public life since he faced sexual misconduct accusations five years ago.
The 62-year-old was scrapped from the final season of “House of Cards” and pulled from the movie “All the Money in the World” once allegations came to light.
“He has returned to the UK in order to establish his innocence,” his defense attorney Patrick Gibbs said last month. “He needs to answer these charges if he is to proceed with his life.”
With Post wires