A San Diego man rushed his dog to the vet after the unsuspecting pooch ingested meth during their daily stroll.

David Espinal took Loki, his 10-year-old Alaskan Husky, out for a walk Monday when the dog sniffed some bushes that apparently contained traces of the powerful stimulant, KTVU reported.

“He just starts taking off and I have to run with him, just running back and forth on the street for a good 10 to 15 minutes,” Espinal told NBC Bay Area.

“(We) come home, eats his dinner, about 30 minutes later, he begins to pace around our apartment,” the owner told KTVU, adding that the erratic dog then took off running.

Fearing a medical emergency, Espinal took Loki to the nearby MedVet animal hospital, where he was told the dog had swallowed meth.

Loki, a 10-year-old Alaskan Husky who ingested meth
Loki, a 10-year-old Alaskan Husky, is lucky to be alive after ingesting meth during a stroll in San Diego with his owner.
FOX 2 San Francisco
Loki, a 10-year-old Alaskan Husky who ingested meth
Loki apparently swallowed the powerful stimulant by sniffing some bushes that contained trace amounts of it.
FOX 2 San Francisco
Loki, a 10-year-old Alaskan Husky who ingested meth
Animal hospital director Terra Schropp said she has seen two cases of meth poisoning in 48 hours – most likely the result of rampant drug use amid homeless encampments.
FOX 2 San Francisco

“I didn’t think he could just rummage through the bushes and find meth,” he told the NBC affiliate.

But MedVet Silicon Valley director Terra Schropp said she has seen two cases of meth poisoning in 48 hours – most likely the result of rampant drug use amid homeless encampments.

“Historically our doctors would see a handful of cases a year. And now our doctors are seeing one to two cases per month,” Schropp told KTVU.

Methamphetamine
“I didn’t think he could just rummage through the bushes and find meth,” Loki’s owner David Espinal said.
Action Press/Shutterstock

Loki was treated at the hospital overnight and has recovered from the frightening ordeal, which could have been fatal.

Espinal issued a warning to pet owners to be “super vigilant.”

“You can’t even let your dog’s rummage through bushes,” he told the news station.



Source link

Author

Comments are closed.